About Cadogan & Quill
Founder of Cadogan & Quill, Rebecca F. John, is a practitioner of short and long form literary fiction. She is the author of one short story collection, Clown’s Shoes, published by Parthian Books in 2015, and one novel, The Haunting of Henry Twist, published by Serpent’s Tail in 2017. You can read more about Rebecca’s work on her website, www.rebeccafjohn.com.
Rebecca holds a BA hons (1st class) in English with Creative Writing, and an MA in Creative Writing (distinction) from Swansea University. She also holds a PGCE (PCET) from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, and has taught creative writing at undergraduate level.
Here are some of Rebecca’s recent achievements:
- Highly commended – Manchester Fiction Prize, 2014
- Short stories broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 4Extra
- Shortlisted – Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award, 2015
- Winner – PEN International New Voices Award, 2015
- Chosen as the British participant of the Scritture Giovani project, 2016
- Named on Hay Festival's 'The Hay 30' list, 2017
- Shortlisted – RA & Pindrop Short Story Prize, 2017
Rebecca’s expertise lies in literary fiction, and she is equally keen to critique short stories and novels.